Monday, August 8, 2011

We Ran

Today was incredible. In 90+ heat 5,000 people... men, women, and children ran and/or walked in memory of the 600+ screaming eagles who passed away, represented by flags in the middle of the division parade field. It was worth every step... I am also very proud of C who ran beside me! Couldn't of had a better running partner!


C showing me he was drinking his water.


A photo of part of the flags representing each of the 600+ soldiers who died overseas while stationed here.


C and I after running a mile in 90+ southern heat and humidity.

Year two down in memory of my friend and in memory of all fallen soldiers. I plan on running this run until I no longer can. So until next year -

Run for the Fallen 2011

2 comments:

  1. Aw your son is adorable, what a great kid to run with his mom when it's that hot!

    xx Emily @ laughliveandshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I am so lucky! He is a really great kid. Thank you for the kind words! :)

    ReplyDelete