Sunday, August 7, 2011

Tonight I Run In His Honor


Tonight we, the community made of military and civilian alike, will run in memory of those we have lost.

It will be so hard not to cry as I run a mile with my child.

Thankfully my child knows of no one who has lost their father so he will be running with his fathers company shirt on but I will be running for a dear friend...


This guy right here...

SPC Matthew Catlett

Seems like only yesterday we were sitting around at a house party talking about the upcoming deployment and all the plans the guys had for when they came home... laughing, drinking, talking about family, discussing politics, playing Rock Band...

Catlett never came back to us.

He was KIA in Afghanistan June 7, 2010 with five other of his comrade's in arms.

This will be my second year running in his honor. I will be wearing the same memorial shirt with the NO SLACK emblem and my memorial bracelet with pride.

Yet I know I will be humbled and a little emotional by all those around me running as well.  

There is a quote by the Wounded Warror Project that says "The Greatest Casualty is Being Forgotten".

This ones for you Catlett!

NEVER FORGOTTEN

SPC MATTHEW R. CATLETT TX ARMY 
ENDURING FREEDOM 07 JUN 10 KIA

1 comment:

  1. What a great thing to run for, proud of you!

    xx Emily @ laughliveandshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete