Sunday, June 19, 2011

Southern Adventures: Girls Getaway 2012


2012 Girls Getaway was simple for my best pal Amie and I - we both knew we wanted to go back to Tybee Island, GA. So this morning (after informing Amie of my New England family vacation in 2012) we took to searching one of my favorite beach house rental websites.

And came up with this pink little jewel 99 1/2 steps from a private beach.


One of the two pink beach cottages


Private beach entry from house


Small spaces - Living room, Dining room, bedroom off to the far left, and Kitchen


The bedroom in the main house


A small reading area


A living room to rest in, although I don't think we will be laying around much :)


Amie's bucket list contains consuming a meal at Paula Deans restaurant: The Lady and Sons


What a yummy looking Southern Buffet


I (of course) want to see Palm Avenue. Another Lilly Pulitzer store I have never been to. (and I really want to shop downtown Savannah - the stores on River street are heaven, I plan on bringing spending money)


And its a no brainer we plan to repeat some favorites spots from past trips. No Tybee Island vacation is complete unless you eat at The Crab Shack. Even the locals will tell you that and you'd be a smart tourist to listen.

Look at all the food (below)!



This also happens to be a place where riding a bicycle is the best transportation, so I plan on making my Lilly bike work overtime. Between New England and Tybee Island Summer of 2012 this beauty will be racking up the miles around some of the most beautiful vacation spots!

No comments:

Post a Comment