Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Potluck Club Apple Challenge


This month was not only the first time I had ever attended a Potluck Club event but I also got to host it and everyone knows how much I L.O.V.E to entertain. So I broke out the Halloween decorations, some of my favorite linens and plates to get the house ready for the ladies!

The Iron chef challenge of the month was Apples and this group did not disappoint. We had drinks, casseroles, breakfast food, salads, main dishes, soups, just about anything and everything you could think of with this main ingredient. One of the husbands who loves to cook and bake even sent over a very delicious loaf pan cake.


Heres a group photo of all the lovely Potluck Club Ladies, I'm the tallest one so I decided to hang out in the back, you can't miss me :).

In preperation for the yummy dishes I ran across some food nametags on Pinterest and decided to make them myself. This one below was for a Harvest soup with fresh bread crutons and sour cream. YUM!



Above these little Apple Caradomom Cakes were the perfect taste of fall. Not only were they fabulous with powdered sugar but with the right caramel toping could be deadly bad for anyone watching their calories. You couldn't eat just one!




At the end of the night everyone voted for the best dish.

First Place: Apple Stuffing (pictured above)
Second Place: A Tie between a Sausage Apple Breakfast Casserole and MY Apple Crockpot Pork Chops




I had the best time with the ladies and cannot wait until next month! I am wondering what the theme will be for November... Maybe another Iron Chef ingredient like Pumpkin or a Thanksgiving/Family Favorites Theme?

Here is the recipe to the winning dish of the night... Hope you enjoy!



** All photo credits to Olivia**

No comments:

Post a Comment